Highview Medical Centre: Flu Clinic 2020 Instructions
This year will be a very challenging year for all GP’s surgeries to deliver their flu vaccine programs.
In order to keep both our patients and staff safe, it is very important that you follow these instructions when attending for your Flu vaccination appointment:
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Entry to the surgery will be via the front door and a one way system will be in operation throughout the building. You will then exit via the back door which leads through to the car park.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to as there will be limited parking at the surgery on the day of the clinic.
- Arrive on time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper left (if poss) arm. The vaccinations will be given in the doorways of the rooms to comply with infection control. Please have your arm exposed on entering the building.
- Please wear a face covering unless you are exempt from wearing a mask.
- Please do not attend if you have a fever – flu vaccine cannot be administered if you have a temperature.
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation. You shouldn’t have the vaccination with a fever
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing.
- If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the queue marshal who will be wearing a NHS lanyard.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue may be partially outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit on whilst waiting, and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please reschedule your appointment.
- There will be no toilet facilities available at the surgery during the clinic
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to. There will be sanitiser available at the practice.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
If you cannot attend the appointment time you have been given, please call us ASAP so we can reallocate you and release your appointment to another patient. Please note that it may mean we cannot vaccinate you until later in the season.